The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) forecasts for this Monday include partly cloudy skies with the chance of light drizzle in the early hours on the mountainous islands, mild calima in the eastern province, temperatures expected to rise slightly, and northeast winds featuring strong periods and the possibility of very strong gusts.
The western islands’ southeast and northwest slopes might experience very strong wind gusts during the day’s first half, easing off and shifting eastward by the afternoon.
Sea conditions will likely be challenging, with a northeasterly wind ranging from force 5 to 7, causing strong swells and locally rough seas. On the west, southwest, and south coasts, winds could vary from force 1 to 4, with swells or rough seas, and a north-westerly swell with waves reaching 1 to 2 metres is anticipated.
Island-Specific Forecasts for 2024 Include:
- Tenerife: Expect cloudy intervals in the northeast with a slight chance of drizzle in the midlands early, clearing up by the afternoon. Elsewhere, skies will be partly cloudy to clear. Minimum temperatures will remain stable, with slight to moderate increases in maximum temperatures, especially on the northern and western slopes. Northeast winds will see strong periods on the southeast and extreme northwest, with a yellow warning for very strong gusts. Winds will weaken and shift east in the afternoon.
- Temperatures: Santa Cruz de Tenerife 18°C to 24°C
- La Gomera: The north will see cloudy intervals with a slight chance of morning drizzle, becoming partly cloudy later. Minimum temperatures will stay the same, while maximum temperatures will rise slightly to moderately, mainly inland. Northeast winds will be strong at times on southeast and northwest slopes, with a yellow warning for very strong gusts in the first half of the day, then easing and turning east by evening.
- Temperatures: San Sebastián de la Gomera 17°C to 24°C
- La Palma: Cloudy intervals in the east with a slight chance of drizzle in the midlands early on, becoming partly cloudy. Temperatures remain stable, with a slight increase in highs, more pronounced in higher regions. Northeast winds will be strong at times, especially on southeast and northwest slopes and around El Paso, with a yellow warning for very strong gusts, decreasing and shifting east in the afternoon.
- Temperatures: Santa Cruz de la Palma 18°C to 22°C
- El Hierro: Expect cloudy intervals in the northeast with a chance of light drizzle early on, clearing by the afternoon. Temperatures will be stable, with a slight increase in maximums, more so inland. Northeast winds will be strong at times, with a warning for very strong gusts in the first half of the day, decreasing and turning east later.
- Temperatures: Valverde 13°C to 17°C
- Gran Canaria: The north and northeast will see cloudy intervals with a chance of drizzle early on, clearing by the afternoon. Light calima possible later. Temperatures will be stable, with a slight rise in maximums, more so in inland areas and the western slope. Expect strong trade winds at times, with the possibility of very strong gusts, diminishing by afternoon.
- Temperatures: Las Palmas de Gran Canaria 19°C to 23°C
- Lanzarote and Fuerteventura: Both islands will start with cloudy intervals, becoming clearer through the morning. Light calima may appear later. Temperatures will remain largely unchanged, with a slight increase in maximums, especially in inland areas. Trade winds will be strong in the afternoon, turning moderately easterly with strong intervals later.
- Lanzarote Temperatures: Arrecife 17°C to 23°C
- Fuerteventura Temperatures: Puerto del Rosario 18°C to 22°C